Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Texas Visit

My visit to Texas began with taking a photo of Baby Bibb. We so look forward to being able to hold him, hug him, and just plain love him. Actually we already do love him. Isn't he growing nicely? The doctor said he weighs 4 lbs now, and we can expect him to arrive a week or two early according to his measurements. We are so excited!!

Doesn't his momma look good? She is simply glowing.

Part of the reason for my visit was to attend a baby shower for Heather & Joe. It was held in Heather's brother's home and hosted by them, Karen (Heather's mom), and a friend from church. They asked if the quilt made by my mom could be used as a backdrop, and of course, I said I would be delighted to have them do so. Isn't it beautiful? Great job by my mom who is about to turn 81!

Heather was surprised the quilt was at the shower. She didn't know that I was bringing it with me. My mom just finished the bumper pads and bed skirt. That will be delivered next week by Eric. Then the room will be almost ready for Baby Bibb.

Tammy and Karen did a super job (along with Amanda) hosting the shower.

This is one of those diaper cakes. Karen made two of them for the shower. It is such a neat idea. You wrap diapers around a bottle and continue with the design. They looked great.

Karen with about half of the food the ladies prepared. Everyone enjoyed the food, and the fountain was wonderful for us chocolate lovers.

The tiered cake was just gorgeous. Especially neat were the baby booties on the top made with large marshmallows and then iced to cover and make the toe section. It tasted as great as it looked. It had a chocolate layer and an orange layer. Yummy, best describes it.

An outside shot of the happy parents with some of the guests.

Michelle did a unique thing to wrap her gift. She hung her things on a clothesline and then placed them in a laundry basket and covered it all with tissue paper. Very clever.

Jean made Baby Bibb a hooded towel...

...and 'daddy' couldn't resist placing it on 'mommys' head!!

And of course we had to go back and see how the quilt looked in the nursery. Great job, mom! It is a priceless keepsake that will be treasured by Heather, Joe, and Baby Bibb.

3 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I absolutely love all the pictures you posted Mrs. Bibby, but I have to tell you, i really love preggo pictures, so the ones of Heather were my favorites! How wonderful you were able to go there and be a part of her baby shower!!! :)

Grandma Bibby said...

I am so thankful that I could attend the shower. And I love the preggo pics too Elizabeth. It has been so fun to watch Baby Bibb grow. Joe has been updating her pic on Facebook so I have been keeping up with things.

Rebecca said...

Heather has the most amazing pregnant belly! SHe doesn't look to have gained an ounce outside of BABY weight! She looks beautiful!