Monday, June 23, 2008

That's My Guy!

"Now these three remain, faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (I Cor. 13:13) I am so thankful that the Lord created love and instituted the sacrament of marriage. Yesterday 'my guy' and I celebrated 34 years together. I am so thankful that he fell into a mud puddle in my front yard 3 1/2 years before our marriage when I was the ripe age of 15 1/2!!! God has molded us and formed us into what He wants us to be, and I hope that He will allow us to serve Him for many more years together. Bob is not the person I would have went looking for since he was not church going at that time, but the Lord knew what I needed and sent him my way. We have 3 great sons, 2 wonderful 'daughters' and 3 delightful grandchildren. We are very blessed indeed. Thanks for the wonderful ride, dear. I hope it continues for a long time yet. I love you dearly!! And more each day!!!!!

5 comments:

Diana Vice said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Rebecca said...

Hearty congratulations to you both! What a testament of God's faithfulness and to all of us young married pups. Big anniversaries, even in this day and age, are still possible!

We love you guys!

Ps. You were younger than ME when you were married! And I thought I was a young bride!

Grandma Bibby said...

Rebecca - I was two months shy of 19 when we were married. And it stuck!! I couldn't ask for a better man - one who loves God and his family.

Diana - Peanut butter and jelly! That is cute.

Full of Grace said...

Happy Happy Belated Anniversary to the both of you! Hope you had a wonderful time together on your special day and that's a wonderful pic of the both of you :)

Grandma Bibby said...

Thanks for the wishes, Elizabeth. It doesn't matter that they were late, we know they are heartfelt. We are praying for a safe and quick delivery. Hope she comes before Monday!!