Monday, June 2, 2008

Mom turns 80

Today is my mother's 80th birthday. I am so very thankful for her. Bobby and I went up to Michigan last week to celebrate her birthday with my siblings. It was a wonderful time. (Of course, i don't have any pictures. I need to get some from my mom. Her camera works. Mine needs to get fixed quickly. Anyway, back to mom.) It is truly a blessing to have her for these many years. The Psalms say that "our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strenghth they are eighty years,.." We as a family have been blessed to have our parents reach 80+ years. They have given us a legacy that is God-fearing, and I am so thankful for them and what they have taught us over the years. Not only have they been married for almost 59 years, but all of their married children have been married for 28 or more years. They have taught us the ways of the Bible, and we all know how we should walk. Not one of us can say that we were not taught the truth. I am so thankful they have stood by me through all the errors of my ways. I am also thankful that the Lord has drawn me to Himself. Happy Birthday, Mom!!

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Sorry I don't get to post comments as much as I'd like, I just have a hard time finding the time these days!
Congratulations on your mother's birthday! I can completely relate to feeling so blessed, as my grandparents are in the latter 80's and are still an inspiration to me. I thank God often that they are still with us (selfishly of course)
Have a Wonderful Day! :)

Diana Vice said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm blessed to still have my parents who are in their late 60's and my grandmother who will be 89 this year. Isn't it funny that as the older we get the more we appreciate our parents?